Insuring your contents

We insure the structure of your home, but this does not include cover for your contents such as your furniture and other personal effects.

Replacing the contents of your home due to accidental damage, fire theft and other household risks, might be very expensive and we would strongly recommend that you take out your own home contents insurance.

It is worth shopping around to obtain prices, either through a reputable broker or through comparison websites.

You can also insure your contents with a special scheme called My Home that has been arranged through the National Housing Federation. Find out more information about My Home Insurance