It is important to be able to manage your own money especially in the light of recent welfare reforms. You have to know how much money is coming in and how much money is going out and when.
A budget is an item by item summary of your likely income and expenses which can be projected into the future. It gives you a way:
- to see if you are living within your means,
- to see how much you can afford to spend
- to help prioritise your expenses
- to help plan for upcoming important events and,
- to help show you where you might be able to save money.
There is some useful advice, tips on how to manage, save and borrow money, together with simple budgeting tools, on the web. A couple of these websites are listed below: