Whites Meadow and Meadow Cottage
Whites Meadow is our housing scheme in Bickley for residents over the age of 50 years. There is no scheme-based Manager or emergency call system.
- Additional external storage for residents
- Garages – limited availability
- Gas central heating
- Laundry room
- Extensive communal gardens
- Parking on-site
- On-site office at Whites Meadow for Keniston staff to arrange meetings with residents or drop-in surgeries
- Two miles from Bromley town centre
- Bus stop outside linking to Petts Wood, Orpington and Bromley
24 x bedsits
21 x 1 bed flats
1 x 2 bed house (Meadow Cottage)
Meadow Cottage is a 2 bedroom home located at the front of the scheme next to Whites Meadow. It was once called Southwood Lodge and was part of a military hospital treating the wounded from 1914-1919. The cottage is the only original building left from that time. Previous to that it was part of a large residence owned by Mr and Mrs Ernest J Whythes who offered their property to the British Red Cross at the beginning of World War one.
London Borough of Bromley